Sunday, January 3, 2010

Today in History

Today, in the history of our nation, in 1959 Alaska, became the 49th state. So hat's off to you Alaska.  I've been to Alaska, once or twice, but never made it out of the airport. I will forever remember the polar bear that is in the airport though.   I was able to go outside and view Mt. McKinley though.  And it was quite frigid.  There was little humidity in the air, but the bite that nature took when you breathed, whew!

When I was in the service, the Army sold their fleet of hovercraft to the state of Alaska.  One of my colleagues asked me if I would like to move up and do maintenance on the craft.  I thought about it, but I just don't like cold weather too much.  Now mind you, I loved the idea of going up there. Fact is I have friends who live there now, and have had friends who worked on the boats, and made a lot of money. I've had an uncle by marriage that worked on 'the slope' back in the seventies, and made a bit of money.  I've had friends that moved up there specifically so they could become residents and share in the annual oil wealth tax rebate thingamabob the state does each year.

All this leads me to the conclusion of employment. Yes, there are canneries, and fisheries, and retail, and guess what else, that's right government contractors. In fact if you would like, if you request it, personally by emailing me, clint.s.miller@govtcontractorjobs.com  I will email you the entire list of government contractors for the state of Alaska.

Want to know where else they are hiring: www.govtcontractorjobs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment